a life well lived


Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ancient Rattlesnake 12/28/00

That was John's description to Elsa of how I sound when I shake "Clappy" (my noisemaker) to let them know I need to get up in the night.  It makes me feel good to know that, in spite of being pulled out of the studio or out of bed to help me get up to use "Lamb," my s-i-l sees humor instead of bother in the situation.



Last night was rough.  If my shoulder had permitted the movement, it would have been a toss and turn night.  When Elsa came down at the same time that the sun was beginning to come up, she noticed my top covers were tossed off.  I normally sleep with a cotton flannel sheet, a wonderful "North Star" blanket, a 2nd blanket and with my dear old red robe keeping my feet snug.  Sounds like a lot, but my room is over the garage and can get a bit nippy at night.   

Last night, however, I  experienced something I have not felt for forty or more years - hot flashes!  Pardon the imagery, but I felt like throwing off all my covers, tossing off my nightgown and running around naked.  It was strange and interesting, but it did not make for a good night's sleep. 



As soon as Elsa finishes tapping this out and heads to work, I will be back  to bed for what I hope will be a long and peaceful sleep.  



Love and peace to you all from this restless and unrested   *Ancient Rattlesnake* 

No comments:

Post a Comment