a life well lived


Friday, April 25, 2014

Chamomile Tea 04/25/00



There is something so very soothing about drinking chamomile tea, especially after an arduous outing.  From the first moment I take the box of tea out of the cupboard, I feel happier and more relaxed.  The chamomile box top has a picture of a woman with long hair in a flowing dress on a swing, a thatched cottage in the background - lovely.  My favorite box top is the Echinacea Cold Season tea ~ a koala wrapped in a quilt, a pot of tea and box of tissues perched on a tree limb, holding a hot cuppa in his hand; a kookaburra sits across from him, in the background a kangaroo and another koala & a “billy” and in there is just a bit of Ayers Rock.  Quite a lot for a little box!.

I earned a hot cuppa chamomile tonight.  Had my first C.T. scan at 8:00 am. I thought I must have confused the date, Holy Redeemer Hospital looked empty.  But it was the right day, after all. 

My doctor and his nurses had assured me that the C.T. scan would be easy.  Maybe "guess" is a comparative term, because I did not think it was.  I found the MRI easier.  That surprised me, because I get terrible claustrophobia and I expected the MRI to be awful.  But they put on some Nat King Cole and it was pleasantly warm and I actually fell asleep.  The C.T. scan, on the other hand, was uncomfortable and the room was chilly.

All the way home, I thought about a hot cup of chamomile tea, a few SnackWell® crackers, and a bit of crystallized ginger.  The reality was every bit as soothing as I thought it would be. 

Ah, for the simple pleasures of life.   

Love to all - M/G/N/AK/K

No comments:

Post a Comment