a life well lived


Friday, June 6, 2014

from Deena, to the Gramster - almost Mom



Subject: WOMEN: almost mom

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

From: Deena O


Dear Grammie K,



I wanted you to know how much your letters to us mean to me. I treasure them and think of them during the day, off and on for weeks.  It is almost like having a mother  - a forever wish of mine, as mine died when I was 15 after 15 years of MS.   

My special letter to remember is how you love getting your face washed so lovingly.  It was such a sweet mother/ daughter moment.  And it is something we can share with each other: a friend/friend face facial.



Just a sweet remembering.  Thanks for your notes.  Love, Deena

NOW i get why, at the oct 2000 women's retreat at tonche, deena informed me that i was relieved of any & all grammie duties for the duration, that she (dno) & others were assuming that honor.  and they did!  when i'd ask mom if she needed something or other, i'd be hooted down.  what lovely reinforcement of mom's priceless worth from a circle of women who still hold her close in their heartsr.  elm 06/06/14

No comments:

Post a Comment