a life well lived


Monday, May 19, 2014

a few responses

A smattering of responses to Mom's 05/18/00 request for anyone in her online circle to request being taken off the dist list, a request prompted by someone suggesting no one cared.



Subj: re:  poo-pooing posterity
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:13:36 EDT
From:  PegPit
Dear Mrs. Lockhart I check my mail every day now.  I love listening to you.  I feel very privileged to be on your list I sometimes feel like a voyeur which comes with the privilege.  I have always felt that you are such a wonderful human being, and now to share this stage of your life is a gift that help me to love my grandparents even more.  How I wish hay were still alive and doing what you are doing now. No one ever thought of it though and so we lost out.  you are a wonderful women and I am so pleased to call you my friend.  Thank you ME Peggy


Subj: re:  poo-pooing posterity
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 07:04:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Deborah N
Dear Kay,
I, for one, do not find your stories boring or out of line.  And, yes, I hope someone IS keeping hard copies of your messages (privately, of course).  One of our most intriguing and useful sources of information about times gone by are diaries kept by women who never expected anyone would read them.  These women certainly did not consider themselves history-writers!  But the view of the world at that time is invaluable to our understanding of the reality of that time.  So please don't take me off your list - I'm prompted to think, to reflect, to enjoy, by your postings.
Deborah


Subj: re:  poo-pooing posterity
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:37:14 -0400
From: "Margaret G
Dear Aunt Kay,
Please do not take me off your e-mail list.  I love hearing from you even thought I don't respond very often.  I know that Esther feels the same way.  Your messages are wonderful!  E-mail is a great way to stay in touch even though we are separated
by space.

Your party was memorable!  May you have many more.  Love,  Margaret and Bob


Subj: re:  poo-pooing posterity
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:13:27 -0400
From: Gail C
Dear, Dear Grammie Kay--Every day when I come into my office and turn on my computer, I wait happily for the latest installment from Mindwalker.  For those of us who share your need to connect with the past, these wonderful memories you have are a treasured gift.  I have always believed that those of us who do not have the opportunity to share in the memories and wisdom of our elders are so much the poorer for it.  It is part of the Lord's order, that these things be passed on.  Thank heavens for email, which makes it so accessible, when we are bound to our homes by work, business, or infirmities.

I love stepping back in time to an earlier Bryn Athyn, an earlier world, with your memories.  It satisfies my need to time travel!  It is my sincere hope that the only thing that will stop these wonderful messages will be when Mindwalker makes the Final Journey.  Until then, don't hesitate to believe that there are many of us for whom your messages are a wonderful way to start the day.

Those who don't want to share can just hit the delete button!  I doubt there are many of us.    I look forward to your next message.  Gail.


Subject: Re: poo-pooing posterity
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:26:06 -0400
From: Kris B
I kept Deb's note here because for some reason I didn't get the original that it was replying to until after I received this.  But I felt a little distressed when I read Grammie Kay's message "poo-pooing posterity".  I second what Deb has said here.  I hope Elsa or the computer system or someone is keeping Grammie Kay's postings.  They are a wonderful insight into the heart and mind of a dear lady who has 90 years of wisdom to share with the world.  And as Deb said, you don't need to be thinking that you are writing for posterity.  But your stream-of-consciousness-sharing-of-your-thoughts is a treasure.

I love to read your postings, even if I don't get to them right away, I don't delete them until I've read them.

Love Kris
 

No comments:

Post a Comment