a life well lived


Wednesday, August 6, 2014

a taste of Australian pizza 08/07/00


A dear granddaughter-of-the-heart ~ Carolyn Heldon ~ sent me a posting that included an excellent description of typically Australian pizza.   Here goes:
We have a great place that is only about a ten mins bike ride away, (or a couple of mins in the car) and it makes the best pizzas that I have ever had even in this country.  It is a place called Pizza League and the pizzas are named after Aussie Rugby league teams. 

 The Sharks is a seafood pizza which has about five different seafood toppings, the Tigers is the meat lovers with BBQ sauce.  Pepperoni, salami, ham, chicken, bacon and ground beef as well.  Yummy.   

Then there is the Supreme and that is just crazy.  16 toppings.  Meats, veggies, pineapple, as well as the little anchovies which some people don't like.

My favourite though is the one that has banana on it.  Most people wrinkle their nose up at that one but it is really nice.  I didn't think that I was going to like it but it was good.  It is sort of a cross between a meat lovers and a Supreme with a few little extras.

All the regular pizzas isn't counting the gourmet ones either.  The ones with turkey and avocado with extra cheese and pineapple. 

I would say that all of their pizzas are about two inches high off the base.  That is what I call a great meal.

The one with bananas would probably kill me, but I would die happy. 

Love to one & all  - Grandma L'

No comments:

Post a Comment