a life well lived


Tuesday, August 12, 2014

brightly dawns her wedding day 08/12/00


To be honest, it is still rather grey out - it is 6:30 a.m. here on the East Coast - but no matter what the weather, my heart is bright and shining.  It is Tara's wedding day.


It is the middle of the night in central California, where my great-niece - Tara Thomas, Linda Ripley's daughter - is hopefully enjoying a good night's sleep before her Big Day.



Good things come in threes and that was the case with our family and weddings this year.  Scott & Kimberly, Chad & Whitney, and now Kevin & Tara.  What a  happy, happy year it has been for me. 



Tara is so dear to my heart.  That would not surprise anyone who knows the Ripley clan.  We became close when Elsa and I stayed out at the Ripley Ranch on two visits.



Tara was her grandfather's right hand gal for many years.  I loved watching Paul watch her.  He was very broad of his granddaughter.  I know that he will be there today as she and Kevin exchange their vows.



As we did with Scott & Kimberly's wedding, which I was also not able to attend, we will have a special supper tonight. with a mini-wedding cake for dessert.  At 9:00 p.m., we will start toasting the bride and groom (the wedding is at 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time) and talking about the wedding.   

I will go to sleep thinking of the celebration rocking The Clubhouse at Woodcreek.



My body is here at Squirrel Haven, but my heart will be with Tara and Kevin, Linda and Gil, and their families.



I love the wedding invitation, which I keep close by the big chair in the living room.  It reads, "Because you have shared in our lives by your friendship and love you are invited to share with us when we exchange our marriage vows and begin our new life together."  



Tara has a special place in my heart.  Kevin is a lucky man.  This Great-Aunt wishes them all the joy that true marriage love brings.  May there be a blessing.



Love to you all on this special, special day - Aunt Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment