a life well lived


Friday, March 28, 2014

Thoughtlessly profound


This morning, I was talking to someone on the phone about the spring weather this weekend and about how grey and wet it is today.  Referring to a poem, I mentioned that they say March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers.  Then, I went on to comment that so far we have only had to face a couple big winds this month, but nothing destructive, in spite of forecasts, and that everything that happened over the past four weeks brought forth exceptional beauty. 

The person on the other end of the line asked me to repeat what I had said, then quietly commented, "How profound.  How very profound." 

She thought I was referring to what had happened in my life, not the weather!  If I had been profound, it was without conscious thought.

Thinking about it long after our phone call ended, I realized why she had followed the train of thought down that particular path.  What was said did describe the past month.   

With my household and friends, I faced some potentially devastating forecasts.  But, as it turned out, all I had to weather has been a few strong winds, but  that is it, and everything that has happened and everyone's responses, not just just mine, has brought forth exceptional beauty. 

Love to you all.  A salmon dinner awaits.  Elsa has taken great care over the past week to have exceptional suppers.  This week saw Pete's death and memorial service 26 years ago and Ian's 41 years ago.  So every night we have some special delicacy and tell John about two fellows he never had the chance to meet, at least in this life. 

xoxoxo - Kay 

No comments:

Post a Comment